The Frenchie should be fed two meals a day of up to 3/4 cup of dry dog food per meal as per the instructions of the pet doctor. The amount of food your dog needs will depend on size, activity level, age, and other factors. Be sure to monitor your dog’s weight as obesity can shorten a dog’s life so measure your dog waits at regular intervals of time. Discuss your dog’s nutritional needs with your veterinarian to get recommendations about food.
Food For The French Bulldog
- Frenchies love meat, and all their meals should contain at least one meat protein if not more. It can either be lamb, fish, chicken, or beef. Therefore, whether you buy dry food or wet food, be sure to check the label for the addition of whole meat in the food recipe.
- French Bulldogs love strawberries, and yes, they are good for them too. Strawberries contain magnesium, potassium, folic acid as well as fiber, which means they are great for your pup’s health. Of course, too much of anything can be hazardous, and too many strawberries can result in diarrhea.
- Frenchies love the crunchy texture of vegetables like celery, carrots, squash, pumpkin, raw green beans, spinach, and Brussels sprouts. While these are very nutritious for your fuzzball, make sure you give them in moderate amounts.
- French Bulldogs can eat peanut butter as long as it’s all-natural and doesn’t contain xylitol (which is extremely toxic to dogs). Be sure to double-check the ingredients list.
Food Which Can Harm French Bulldog
- Grains like corn and wheat aren’t very healthy for French Bulldogs. They can cause gas and make them fart a lot. Almost all Frenchies are allergic to corn, so you must make sure it is not present in any of the food items you purchase for them.
- While you should never feed raw eggs to your Frenchie, cooked eggs are a nutritious treat. Eggs can even help settle the stomach of your dog. If though you notice that they have an allergic reaction to the eggs, take them to the vet immediately.
How much food does a French Bulldog puppy need?
A typical, healthy French bulldog requires 25-30 calories per pound of their body weight per day, ideally divided into 2-3 meals a day.